Geographic information management standards
This groups of standards is also built on the domain reference model of ISO 19101-1:2014 Geographic information - Reference model - Part 1: Fundamentals, but, in contrast to the data model standards, which are focused on individual features and their characteristics, these standards are focused on the description of data sets containing information about one or, typically, many feature instances.
- ISO 19110:2005 Geographic information - Methodology for feature cataloguing, specifies a methodology for developing catalogues containing definitions of feature types and their property types, including feature attributes, feature associations, and feature operations.
- S-11 Guidance for the preparation and maintenance of international chart schemes and catalogue of international charts
- ISO 19111:2007 Geographic information - Spatial referencing by coordinates. Geographic information contains spatial references which relate the features represented in the data to positions in the real world. Spatial references fall into two categories: those using coordinates; and those based on geographic identifiers. ISO 19111 provides a schema for describing the coordinate reference systems used to relate the position of geometric primitives to the earth or another object.
- ISO 19112:2003 Geographic information - Spatial referencing by geographic identifiers. Geographic information contains spatial references which relate the features represented in the data to positions in the real world. Spatial references fall into two categories: those using coordinates; and those based on geographic identifiers. ISO 19112 provides a general model for spatial referencing using geographic identifiers, as well as specifying the components of a spatial reference system and the essential components of a gazetteer.
- ISO 19127:2016 Geographic information - Geodetic register, applies the principles of ISO 19111 and ISO 19135-1 to establish rules for the population and maintenance of the ISO geodetic register.
- ISO 19131:2007 Geographic information - Data product specifications, describes requirements for specifying the characteristics expected of a geographic data product.
- ISO 19135-1:2015, Geographic information - Procedures for item registration - Part 1: Fundmentals, specifies procedures for establishing and maintaining registers of identifiers and meanings assigned to items of geographic information.
- ISO 19157:2013 Geographic information - Data quality, establishes a set of principles for describing and reporting the quality of geographic information.
- ISO 19159-1:2014 Geographic information - Calibration and validation of remote sensing imagery sensors - Part 1: Optical sensors
- S-99 Operational procedures for the organisation and management of S-100 geospatial information registry