Data model standards
This set of standards builds on the ISO/TC 211 reference model. The data model standards provide a family of abstract conceptual schemas for describing the fundamental components of features as elements of geographic information.
ISO TC211 maintains a wiki on best practices for modeling geographic information in UML.
For generic geospatial data
- ISO 19107:2003, Geographic information -- Spatial schema, specifies UML classes for representing the spatial characteristics of features as composites of geometric and/or topological primitives.
- ISO 19108:2002, Geographic information -- Temporal schema, does the same as ISO 19107 for the temporal characteristics of features and also specifies classes for describing relevant temporal reference systems.
- ISO 19109:2015, Geographic information -- Rules for application schema, specifies a general feature model for integrating these components into features and provides rules for doing so in an application schema.
- ISO 19137:2007, Geographic information -- Core profile of the spatial schema, provides a profile of ISO 19107 that is limited to describing features as simple geometric primitives of 0, 1, or 2 dimensions.
- ISO 19123:2005, Geographic information -- Schema for coverage geometry and functions, provides a schema for an alternative representation of spatial information as a coverage, in which non-spatial attributes are assigned directly to geometric objects rather than to features composed of such objects.
- ISO 19125-1:2004, Geographic information -- Simple feature access – Part 1: Common access, describes a common architecture for providing access to information about features with simple geometry.
- ISO 19125-2:2004, Geographic information -- Simple feature access – Part 2: SQL option, specifies a Structured Query Language implementation of ISO 19125-1.
- ISO/TS 19129:2009, Geographic information -- Imagery, gridded and coverage data framework
- ISO/TS 19130:2010, Geographic information -- Imagery sensor models for geopositioning
- ISO 19141:2008, Geographic information -- Schema for moving features, extends ISO 19107 to support the description of moving geometric objects.
For geospatial data in specific application domains
- ISO 19144-2:2012, Geographic information -- Classification systems – Part 2: Land cover meta language
- ISO 19152:2012, Geographic information -- Land Administration Domain Model (LADM)
- ISO 19156:2011, Geographic information -- Observations and Measurements
- ISO 19160-1:2015, Geographic information -- Addressing – Part 1: Conceptual model
- ISO 14825:2011, Intelligent transport systems – Geographic Data Files (GDF)
- IHO S-100, Universal hydrographic data model
- IHO S-44, IHO Standards for Hydrographic Surveys